New Zealand is an island country consisting of two main landmasses (the North Island and the South Island) and numerous smaller islands.
The capital of New Zealand is Wellington. The total population is approximately 4.36 million.
For further background information, see the following:
NZ Legal Encyclopaedia
The Laws of New Zealand (available on Lexis.com) is a fantastic encyclopaedic resource. It is the New Zealand equivalent of Halsbury's Laws of England and is a good starting point for any research involving NZ law.
To access The Laws of New Zealand, follow the following steps:
- Login to Lexis.com using your University of Melbourne details
- Click 'Find A Source' (one of the tabs along the top of the page)
- Type in "Laws of New Zealand" in the search field (include the double quotation marks) and press 'Find'
- If you wish to browse, select 'The Laws of New Zealand - Table of Contents'
- If you wish to search for particular terms, select 'The Laws of New Zealand (LONZ)'