The advanced search feature is not available on the Google homepage. There are three ways you can access advanced search:
- Access it via this URL: http://www.google.com/advanced_search
- Select the ‘options’ button on the right hand side of the screen (please note: you will only see the options button after you have conducted a search)
Advanced search gives you a range of search options, with examples against each of the fields. Some useful features of advanced search:
- Site or domain search
- Searching by country, language, time or region
- Restrict the file type you search for (eg. PDF)
- Restrict the search by numbers, good for establishing number ranges such as date, price.
You can also set the numerical date range
Numerical range search – enter a range of numbers to enable this as a function of your search.