The library's collection of ebooks, just like electronic journal articles, are available through subscription databases such as SpringerLink and Knovel.
Most of the ebooks from these databases have been indexed individually in the library catalogue, so an easy way to search across most of the library's ebook collections at once is to use the library catalogue.
If you try a search in the library catalogue you may notice ebooks in your results, as they have:
You can refine your library catalogue search to return only ebooks: see below for step-by-step instructions on searching specifically for ebooks in the catalogue and accessing the full-text of ebooks.
You can access most of the library's ebooks via the library catalogue.
(Note that some ebooks can only be accessed by directly searching specific databases).
To search specifically for e-books via the library catalogue:
1. Go to the library homepage.
2. Click the Catalogue link.
3. Under the 'Online Collections' click the eBooks link.
4. Enter your keyword search and click the Search button.
5. All the items in the search results list will be e-books.
To access an e-book via the library catalogue:
1. Click a search result to see more details.
2. Click the link: Connect to ebook (University of Melbourne only).
3. Enter your unimelb Username and Password and click the Log in button.
4. The full-text of the book will then be accessible.
Exactly how you access the full-text of the book will depend on the ebook publisher.
In most cases you will be able to: