EndNote is a software application you can use to:
Create your own library of references:
- Download references from catalogues and databases,
- Generate references from PDF files,
- Organise your references into groups,
- Add keywords, labels and notes,
- Search and sort your references,
- Find, attach and annotate full-text PDF files.
Insert citations or footnotes and generate bibliographies:
- Insert in-text citations or footnotes into your documents,
- Generate bibliographies,
- Choose from thousands of citation styles, such as APA, Chicago, or Harvard and
- Easily change between citation styles.
Collaborate with others
- Use EndNote Online to share selected groups of references with others, or
- Share your whole EndNote library.
EndNote is available for Mac and Windows, as well as online:
EndNote X7: Compatibility with Office 365, Word 2016 and Word Online
EndNote X7's Cite While You Write (CWYW) tools are not currently compatible with Microsoft Word 2016 (which is available via Office 365).
Thomson Reuters (the company that produces EndNote) are creating a patch for EndNote X7 to fix this that should be available in Sept/Oct 2015.
In the meantime, you can keep a previous version of Office installed on your computer.
Insert temporary EndNote citations into your document, save a copy of that document as a Rich Text Format (RTF) document, and use EndNote’s Tools > Format Paper command. This works for any word processor that does not support EndNote CWYW tools, including Word Online and Google Docs.
Please see the links below for more information: