The Research Support guide is designed to point University of Melbourne researchers to research-focussed services and resources available through the University Library and a selection of other support services.
Use the tabs to navigate the guide. Some tabs have drop-down menus.
Research Impact Service
The Library's Research Impact Library Advisory Service (RILAS) focuses on providing various research evaluation measures, including metrics, to University of Melbourne staff and researchers to support their research grant applications.
You may also be interested in the following guides (Subject Research Guides/LibGuides):
- Getting Published
- Staying Current
- Finding Theses
- Finding News
- Using Archives
- Literature Reviews
- Research Impact
- Managing References
- EndNote for Windows
- EndNote for Mac
- Statistical and Mathematical Software
- Company and Industry Information
- Beginning Research
- Subject-specific, e.g. Law, Educational Psychology, Earth Sciences
Liaison Librarians can assist researchers save time and work more efficiently. They can advise you in making the most of the University Library's extensive resources and services by:
- effectively navigating the University Library’s extensive electronic and print collections.
- developing successful search strategies to locate the information you require.
- discovering the essential databases that you should be using for your research
- staying current and managing information overload by utilising current awareness and other time-saving technologies. e.g. Saved Searches and Journal Table of Contents Alerts in Library databases.
- maximising the impact of your research by publishing strategically.
- effectively using the Library Catalogue (advanced features and short cuts).
- referring you to other information specialists on campus
Academic staff and graduate students can request an individual research consultation.