Go to the word processor integration page and select the option for either Microsoft Word or Open Office (all examples on this tutorial will use Microsoft Word):
3. When you select the insert citation option, you may be asked to select your citation style.
4. Once you have selected the citation style for the document, you can run a search for the reference you want from your collection of references.
5. Select the article you want from the selection list.
6. Hit enter and the article will go into the footnote field.
7. If you wish to edit the reference, click on Edit reference
Important Note: Once you have converted the document to plain text you cannot revert back to the previous version of the document with Zotero formatting.