We have changed our authentication system to Open Athens, however EndNote is not compatible with it. This means that the 'Find FullText' feature found within Endnote is no longer fully functional. We are currently working on the issue. In the meantime, we have suggested other useful methods to import PDF's into Endnote below. Please ensure you are using the correct Open URL Link in your Endnote system preferences.
A range of methods can be used to locate and import full text documents for references in Endnote Libraries. Choose the most suitable method based on your preferred workflows and project requirements.
Listed below are some suggested methods to import PDF's into Endnote -
* Note that there are issues with the 'Find Full Text' feature hence other methods are recommended to bring PDF's into your library.
You can set your preferences to enable EndNote to automatically import PDFs from a folder on your computer (examples are for Endnote 9.3):
1. Select: EndnoteX9 > Preferences > PDF Handling
2. Tick the checkbox: Enable automatic importing
3. Click the Select Folder button to choose the folder on your computer where you will place PDF files.
You can import a folder of PDF files to quickly create a group set with groups of references corresponding to the sub-folders:
Follow these steps to install and find full texts via Lean Library::
Follow these steps:
NOTE: Open Athens, Melbourne University's new authentication system, is not compatible with Endnote's Find Fulltext feature - resulting in fewer full text imports than when using this feature.
The settings for the Find Full Text feature are found under Edit > Preferences > Find Full Text. You will need to leave the 'Authenticate with' setting blank.
To search for full text:
Files such as PDFs and Word documents and image files that have been saved on a local or network drive can attached to records individually.
You can do this in a number of ways:
1. References > File Attachments > Attach File on the menu.
2. Right click on a selected reference and choose File Attachments > Attach File on the menu
Attached files can then be viewed by clicking the by opening the individual reference and looking at the PDF pane or within the reference body witin the field 'File Attachments'.