If it is not possible to download a RIS file for the ebook or chapter, the reading will need to be created manually and link to the ebook or chapter added. If a book is not available as an ebook, then a pdf of the chapter or excerpt can be added manually.
1. From the Readings Online page in the LMS subject, click on the Add drop down menu and click on the New book reading option.
Figure 1 - Adding a New Book Chapter manually
2. Follow steps 3 & 4 in Adding an ebook or Chapter to Readings Online using the RIS or RefMan file to enter the information for Required Reading and notes for Library and students.
3. Enter the citation information for the book or book chapter, ensuring that all required fields (marked with a red asterisk) are complete. The citation details can be cut and pasted where possible. Please include the total number of pages as well as the ISBN. This information can be found in the catalogue record of the book. Ensure that all the fields are filled out correctly, following the Metadata guidelines for book readings guide
Figure 2 - Entering the Citation Information for a Book Reading
For Genre, the following applies:
4. Add either a link to the ebook or ebook chapter or to upload a scanned pdf:
Figure 3 - Entering a link for a manual record for a Book Reading
Figure 4 - Uploading a scanned pdf for a Book Reading
5. Review the data entered to make sure there are no errors or spelling mistakes before clicking on ‘Submit’
6. On the Readings Online home page, a green banner should appear advising that the request has been received and will be reviewed. The new book reading should appear in the ‘Ungrouped readings’ section of the screen at the bottom of the list.
Figure 5 - Book Reading Submitted to the Reading List