1. Login to the LMS and open your subject page and then click on the link for Readings Online.
2. Select Readings Lists then New list.
Figure 1 - Create New Reading list
3. On the next screen, you can click the "Predefined" button for pre-set teaching periods. These are set by the library. Choose your teaching period and then click next.
Or if you prefer, you can set your own custom dates with the "Custom" button and then click Next. you can only select Custom dates that are less than 12 months.
Figure 2 - New Readings List Duration
4. If this is the first time you are building your reading list or if you would like to start building your reading list from the ground up, click on Skip (Step 1 below) to create an empty reading list.
If you would like to reuse readings based on a previous reading list, you can do this by:
Figure 3 - New Readings Selection
5. Select readings either individually or by group by selecting the checkboxes next to the resources.
Note that: All or None of the readings can be selected using the buttons on the toolbar.
The reading list can be expanded and collapsed to display individual resources in the groups.
Figure 4 - Expand/Collapse readings
Once readings have been selected, click Next to progress to the next screen.
Figure 5 - New Readings Selection Choice
6. After reviewing the confirmation, click Create to process your desired Reading List.
Figure 6 - New Readings Confirmation
7. You will now be presented with your newly created Reading List for the Teaching Period you have selected.
Figure 7 - Future Reading List
If a reading is a link to an electronic resource (e.g. electronic journal article, eBook chapter or website), it will will be labelled ‘Active’ or ‘Pending’ (if the availability period has not started). Test the link by clicking on the globe to ensure that the book or book chapter is linked correctly.
If a reading is a PDF file, (e.g. scanned journal article or book chapter), it will need to be reviewed for copyright compliance before the reading can become available to students. Once the reading has been approved, usually within 24 hours, test the link to the pdf to ensure that the document will open correctly.