1. From the Readings Online page in the LMS subject, click on the Add drop down menu and click on the New website page option.
Figure 1 - Adding a Website Link to Readings Online
2. Click Yes if a reading is required or No if it is not. Include any notes for students in For Students. Notes for the Readings Online team can be included in For Library. Then click Submit.
Figure 2 - Flagging Required reading and adding notes for either Library Staff or Students
3. Enter the citation information for the website, ensuring that all required fields (marked with a red asterisk) are complete. The citation details can be cut and paste. Ensure that all the fields are filled out correctly, following the Metadata guidelines for website readings
Figure 3 - Entering Citation Information for a Website
4. Review the data entered to make sure there are no errors or spelling mistakes before clicking on Submit
5. On the Readings Online home page, a green banner should appear advising that the request has been received and will be reviewed. The new reading should appear in the ‘Ungrouped readings’ section of the screen at the bottom of the list.
If the reading does not appear click Refresh (or press F5) to view an updated screen. The reading will be labelled ‘Active’ or ‘Pending’ (if the availability period has not started).
Figure 4 - Website Link Submitted to Reading List
6. Test the link to ensure that the link is directing users to the website correctly by clicking on the globe icon.
Figure 5 - view the reading for review
7. Click on the title to view the full citation and check that the citation is correct.
Figure 6 - Full Citation for a Link to a Website