Skip to Main Content

Youth Citizenship and Identity

A guide to support the breadth area: Youth Citizenship and Identity.

 Go to the library catalogue 

Search the entire collection
Search for ebooks


Information about accessing Print resources while our physical libraries are closed.

Finding eBooks

  • Use a keyword search to find books and ebooks on a topic. Once you have completed a search you can limit your search to a specific collection such as, Giblin Eunson Library or format such as online books (login with your username and password to view e-books)
  • Only want an eBook? Choose the option 'eBooks'  in the catalogue. To read an e-book, open the catalogue record and then select the link: Connect to electronic book.

Searching in Discovery will also retrieve books and ebooks

Finding and using eBooks

 Library Guide on eBooks

Getting started with reference books

Reference titles can be an excellent starting point for locating quick, background information and developing an understanding of a topic.

The majority of our reference sources are available online via the library catalogue and Discovery.The print reference collection is housed in the compactus on the ground floor of the Giblin Eunson Library. Here are some recomended titles.

Browsing the collection


As well as searching the library catalogue, you might like to browse the library shelves of the general book collection at the Giblin Eunson Library.

Try exploring at the following call numbers.


301 Sociology & anthropology
305 Social groups

305 235 adolescence

305.235 youth culture

306 Culture & institutions

323.6 citizenship

331.340994 youth employment

364.360973 Homelessness

362.87809945 Refugee youth

364.360973 Juvenile justice

372.21 early childhood education 


Further borrowing options

  • Graduate students and staff member can request books and articles we don't own via interlibrary loans Requested books are delivered to the University of Melbourne Library for collection.
  • Find copies of books held in Australian libraries using TROVE
  • Borrowing from other Victorian Universities - Get a CAVAL card and then you can visit and borrow books from other university libraries in Victoria.
  • Live Interstate? Borrowing options - Use the ULANZ borrowing scheme to borrow in person from any other participating Australian and New Zealand university libraries. 
  • Want us to buy a book? Fill in the Orders Request form.