According to its website, the Malaysia Law Revision and Law Reform Department of the Attorney-General's Chambers aims to 'ensure every Malaysia law is up to date, accurate and in tandem with current needs'. The Division’s main functions are to:
- reprint laws in both the national and English language;
- publish revised texts of laws;
- extend Federal laws to Sabah and Sarawak and the Federal Territories;
- translate English texts of pre-1967 laws to the national language;
- review archaic and obsolete laws; and
- modernize laws to be in tandem with the changing needs of society.